Monday, January 3, 2011

U.S. Christmas - Run Thick in the Night (2010, Relapse)

I'm very proud of my hometown heroes for the extraordinary amount of attention they've received for this new album. Growing up worshipping Neurosis makes it incredible for me have friends that ended up on the Neurot label for a while.

There's not much like their sound either. A very original mix of Sludge Metal, Blues and blown out Post-Rock that I half-jokingly refer to as Blood Meridian Metal. Imagine Neurosis and Hawkwind colliding with Nick Cave and Warren Ellis and you'll have a good idea.

Heavy, sad and beautiful, this band offers a narrative that is a voyage into existentialism. Cerebral and emotional yet raw and edgy, USX is onto something great.

Long live Asheville, NC metal.



Get It Here

Or: Run Thick In The Night - U.S. Christmas

Order Gatefold 2 LP from Relapse Here

1 comment:

  1. I love this band so much! I believe we spoke the night they played. Also posted them on my blog check it out:)
    www.ghostsofglamour.blogspot.com

    A

    ReplyDelete

Followers