Friday, December 27, 2013

Gustav Mahler - Symphony No. 4 in G Major


I know I don't post enough about classical music on my blog but its not because I don't listen to it. My favorite pieces of music are all classical. The reason you don't read much about it here is because I don't understand it well enough to criticize or praise properly. I'm ignorant of most music that truly matters. My attempts at writing about jazz albums are poor enough as it is.

I've recently discovered this piece and am quite obsessed. I also found THIS  wonderful essay on the work over at Mahlerfest.org. If you're a classical person, you'll enjoy the essay. If you're not that nerdy, just listen to the piece I've provided here.

If anyone has a version they prefer more than this, please respond. I listened to the few that are on youtube and am sharing the one that works for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers