Thursday, February 28, 2013

William Basinski & Richard Chartier - Aurora Liminalis (Line, 2013)


I'm not sure I'm a good enough writer to express what Basinski's music does for me. The grasp he has on tape loop creation and manipulation is not something easily transcribed into a review format. My two encounters with his live performance were otherworldly, taking me to a particularly meditative state that nothing since has compared to. His melancholic and ghostly soundscapes traverse the temporal nature of physical reality. His music is zen in a very literal sense.

Richard Chartier is a renowned electronic sound artist who has had installations in galleries and museums around the world. This is the second collaboration he has recorded with Basinski, and with any luck, they do a third.


Read full review of Aurora Liminalis - WILLIAM BASINSKI & RICHARD CHARTIER on Boomkat.com ©





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers